This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which TCC Credit Co-operative Limited (“we, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our prospective service users, service users, service users’ authorised representative and/or members in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
Collection, use, disclosure or otherwise processing of personal data of our service users on behalf of government ministries and statutory boards will be in accordance with guidelines set out in the government’s data management policy. TCC Credit Co-operative Limited will comply with the relevant requirements under the government’s data management policy.
TCC Credit Co-operative Limited is a credit co-operative financial institution which requires a high degree of accuracy for the administering of loans and savings account(s) thus it will require the collection of individual’s NRIC number and/ or copy of the NRIC to authenticate the individual for financial administrative matter.
- As used in this Notice:
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual (whether a prospective service users, service users, service users’ authorised representative, members or otherwise) who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, identification numbers such as NRIC, FIN, work permit and birth certificate, contact information such as residential address, email address or contact numbers, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information, financial information such as credit card details, or bank account information, marriage certificate, death certificate, final tax invoice hospital bills, property title deeds and other data based on case-to-case requirements.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
- We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- establishing or managing your relationship with us. This includes:
- Where you are a prospective service user,
- processing and evaluating your application for our services
- Where you are a service user,
- providing the services requested by you;
- monitoring, evaluating and/or auditing of services provided. This may include an assessment of the quality of the services provided and the effects of the services provided (both in the short and long term, and
after you have stopped using the services); and
- research related to your personal circumstances or services you used, in particular, for our research entitled (TCC Financial Demographics Analysis Research). We will notify you and obtain your written consent before using your personal data for any specific research project, unless otherwise permitted under the PDPA or other legislation.
- Where you are a service user’s authorised representative
- processing and evaluating the service user’s application for our services
- Where you are a member,
- processing your savings contributions, monthly loan repayments and your membership benefit claims
- providing you with information on our upcoming events or activities, where you have specifically requested to receive such information.
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for, or in connection with, the provision of the services requested by you;
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the purposes listed in clause 5 above for us;
- to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, rules or requests by public agencies, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations; and
- any other party to whom you authorised us to disclose your personal data to, or where necessary to undertake any action requested by you.
- We may collect or use your personal data, or disclose existing personal data for secondary purposes that differ from the primary purpose which it had originally collected for pursuant to clauses 5 and 6. If TCC Credit Co-operative Limited intends to rely on deemed consent by notification for such secondary purposes, TCC Credit Co-operative Limited will notify you of the proposed collection, use or disclosure of personal data through appropriate mode(s) of communication.
- In particular, we may rely on deemed consent by notification to collect, use or disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- CCTV – Security at our premises.
- Photo and video taking during Events organised by TCC Credit Co-operative Limited
- Before relying on deemed consent by notification, TCC Credit Co-operative Limited will assess and determine that the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data will not likely have an adverse effect on you
- You will be given a reasonable period to inform us if you wish to opt-out of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data for such purposes.
- After the lapse of the opt-out period, you may notify us that you no longer wish to consent to the purposes for which your consent was deemed by notification by withdrawing your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data in relation to those purposes.
RELIANCE ON THE LEGITIMATE INTERESTS EXCEPTION
- In compliance with the PDPA, we may collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent for the legitimate interests of TCC Credit Co-operative Limited or another person. In relying on the legitimate interests exception of the PDPA, TCC Credit Co-operative Limited will assess the likely adverse effects on the individual and determine that the legitimate interests outweigh any adverse effect.
- In line with the legitimate interests’ exception, we will collect, use or disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- Fraud detection and prevention;
- Detection and prevention of misuse of services;
- Network analysis to prevent fraud and financial crime, and perform credit analysis; and
- Collection and use of personal data on company-issued devices to prevent data loss.
The purposes listed in the above clause may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you or your authorised representative in writing. You or your authorised representative may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email or otherwise in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. If you are unable to submit your request in writing or if you require any assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our Data Protection Officer.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within forty (40) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in the manner described in clause 15 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request via email or otherwise in writing, to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. If you require assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our Data Protection Officer.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within five (5) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as minimised collection of personal data, authentication and access controls (such as good password practices, need-to-basis for data disclosure, etc.), encryption of data, data anonymisation, up-to-date antivirus protection, regular patching of operating system and other software, securely erase storage media in devices before disposal, web security measures against risks, and security review and testing performed regularly.
- . You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name of DPO : Savithri Chandra Bose
Office Phone No. : 6319 3726 / 6319 3700
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes